(2019) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    O li lasciano dire e poi il film li smentisce da solo...

2.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Anche Margot Robbie quasi a bordo:

CITAZIONE
    Margot Robbie Now In Negotiations To Play Sharon Tate In Quentin Tarantino Film

EXCLUSIVE: Deadline broke last July 11 that Quentin Tarantino had met with Margot Robbie and asked her to play Sharon Tate in his next film. She now has the offer and negotiations are underway to make it a reality. Robbie, who’s coming off her Oscar-nominated turn in the title role of I, Tonya, will join Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

As Tarantino continues to set a killer ensemble, Sony Pictures has dated the film for an August 9, 2019 release worldwide. The film is a Pulp Fiction-esque tapestry set in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood, around the time of the murder of Tate and several others in a killing spree ordered by Charles Manson.

The two other lead characters are Rick Dalton (DiCaprio), former star of a Western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. In the film Tate is Rick’s very famous next door neighbor.

Robbie is repped by CAA, Management 360, Aran Michael Management and Jackoway Tyerman.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/margot-robbie-...ood-1202336947/

3. The Departed

User deleted

Io non voglio insinuare niente, ma guarda caso, subito dopo gli Oscar, sono cominciate le trattative...

4.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Ovvio.. Semmai, dopo che si sono calmate le acque e anche Brad è salito a bordo... per me spunteranno anche altri nomi. Dicano quel che dicano ma Tarantino è sempre Tarantino, lavorare con lui aiuta la carriera.

5.     Like  

Chiara

Group
    Fans

Status
    Girano anche la voce di una possibile partecipazione di Al Pacino. Ma sono ancora roumors.
    Mi piacerebbe vedere prima o poi Leo e Al lavorare insieme.

6.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Voglio riprendere questo articolo di novembre 2017, quando ancora non parlavano tanto del film e no c'erano gli scandali, nè tantomeno c'erano gli altri film in produzione:

CITAZIONE
    Quentin Tarantino on His Upcoming Film: ‘It’s not Charles Manson, It’s 1969’

“It’s not Charles Manson, it’s 1969,” cautioned Quentin Tarantino at an award-season post-screening brunch at Estrella on Sunset for Sofia Coppola’s “The Beguiled” (Focus Features). The writer-director is looking for a new home for his ninth movie, now that he has withdrawn from scandal-plagued patron Harvey Weinstein, who has backed his features since picking up 1992’s “Reservoir Dogs.”

Tarantino just completed a round of pitch meetings last week set by WME from five studios with worldwide distribution (not including family-friendly Disney) seeking to back his untitled Manson Family Project, which he finished writing about five months ago, he said. (The cast is rumored to include Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate and Tarantino vets Brad Pitt, Samuel L. Jackson, and Leonardo DiCaprio.) He wasn’t ready to take the director’s helm until January in order to give himself some time for tinkering — and romance. He’s wearing a gold engagement ring in advance of his marriage to Israeli singer Daniella Pick.

So it’s full steam ahead once he chooses his next distribution partner. “It’s a level playing field,” he said cautiously. On what basis will he make that decision? “I don’t know.” [...]

INDIEWIRE

Quindi lo sapevano ancor prima che ne iniziassero a parlare che non si trattava di un film su Charles Manson.

7. The Departed

User deleted

Sì Nicky, ma si sa da sempre. Lo smentirono subito, appena iniziarono a girare le voci sul film e sul fatto che Quentin voleva idolatrare Manson, nel film.

CITAZIONE (nicky; @ 13/3/2018, 23:38) 
    Ovvio.. Semmai, dopo che si sono calmate le acque e anche Brad è salito a bordo... per me spunteranno anche altri nomi. Dicano quel che dicano ma Tarantino è sempre Tarantino, lavorare con lui aiuta la carriera.

Ma poi gli script di Tarabtino sono sempre pazzeschi, ci vuole coraggio a rifiutarli.

8.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Chiaretta ho trovato l'articolo originale che ha tirato fuori le dichiarazioni di Margot. In realtà non ha confermato niente, anzi, ha detto di aver scoperto su internet di aver ricevuto un'offerta per il ruolo e lei stessa ha dovuto chiamare il suo team per chiedere se era vero. Ora il suo team sta facendo il resto, quindi penso stiano semplicemente trattando stipendio etc.

O almeno credo di aver capito questo da qui:

CITAZIONE
    Margot Robbie learned of Quentin Tarantino role online

Margot Robbie discovered she had landed a major role in the next Quentin Tarantino movie from an article online.

Robbie will play the late actress Sharon Tate in the Pulp Fiction director's upcoming film Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, which also stars Robbie's Wolf of Wall Street co-star Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

"I only just got the offer two days ago, well I read about it online in fact," Robbie said in Sydney.

The Oscar-nominated actress is focused on her first animated role in the Peter Rabbit movie, and came home for the film's premiere in Sydney on Saturday.

But she had to make a call to her team to find out if the Tarantino role had come through.

"I didn't even know if it was a true article or not, so I called up and I was like 'is there an offer in?' and they were like 'there is' so now I step aside and let my team do their work," she said.[...]

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movie...317-p4z4w4.html

9. The Departed

User deleted

Ma che team ha che non le aveva ancora detto dell'offerta? Comunque, l'intenzione da parte sua c'è sicuramente.

10.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Ma per me lo sapeva eccome visto che il suo nome circola dall'estate scorsa. Sicuramente staranno trattando sulla paga, spero non pretenda la stessa paga di Pitt e Leo, visto che lei non è nemmeno la protagonista...

11. The Departed

User deleted

Ma non è nemmeno una star come loro 2. Se la pagano meno, preparatevi agli articoli che usciranno.

12.     Like  

Chiara

Group
    Fans

Status
    Con l'aria che tira, se non vogliono far uscire uno scandalo subito, devono pagarla per forza come loro.
    Non so se sono felice che sia nel cast. Non mi piace molto come attrice. Magari con questo film riuscirà a stupirmi.
    Vedremo.

13.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    Ma per me la parte di Sharon Tate non avrà molte scene, magari apparirà solo alla fine, non so... Oppure, se - come han detto - ci sarà pure un ruolo importante per "Roman Polanski", probabilmente la storia sarà completamente diversa dalla realtà, quindi essendo diviso in episodi, ci sarà quello dedicato a loro. Boh, non so cosa pensare. Vorrei tanto leggere lo script :lol:

14.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    E finalmente l'hanno presentato ufficialmente!!

CITAZIONE
    Here’s What Leonardo DiCaprio Thinks About Working With Brad Pitt

Las Vegas-- CinemaCon 2018’s opening night ended Monday with some serious star power. Sony Pictures concluded its upcoming slate presentation at Caesars’ Palace’s The Colosseum by bringing out one of the stars and the director of its newest original, “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.”

At the conclusion of the presentation, actor Leonardo DiCaprio and director Quentin Tarantino made appearances onstage to tease the upcoming drama. “It is all very hush-hush,” Tarantino said.

While the famed filmmaker did not give away any specific plot points, he did reveal when and where the movie will take place: 1969 Los Angeles.

“It takes place at the height of counter-culture explosion,” he shared. Filmgoers should expect to see the “hippie revolution” and “new Hollywood.”

While the movie has yet to start filming, Tarantino, famous for “Pulp Fiction” and “Inglourious Basterds,” said he’s certain leads DiCaprio and Brad Pitt will be the greatest onscreen duo since the iconic Robert Redford and Paul Newman.

“It’s hard to speak about a film that we haven’t done yet,” DiCaprio said. “But I’m incredibly excited to see another Quentin Tarantino film.”

DiCaprio isn’t just thrilled to be working with the filmmaker, however, he revealed he’s also “excited” to star alongside Pitt. “We’re going to do our best job to make it fantastic,” DiCaprio promised.

“Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” is due to start shooting in Los Angeles this summer.

7naGeNK

http://www.ibtimes.com/heres-what-leonardo...ad-pitt-2674665

CITAZIONE
    [...]However, when it came to films made from scripts not based on any other IP, Sony has to look all the way to August 9, 2019. That, of course, is the release date for Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” He and star Leonardo DiCaprio made the trip to Las Vegas to promote the film that, as DiCaprio said, “we haven’t done yet, that we haven’t shot a single frame of” but he promised “would transport you to a different era.”

Exhibitors were clearly excited to hear anything from Tarantino about the film, even when he really had nothing new to say beyond suggesting that it was closer to “Pulp Fiction” in tone and called DiCaprio and Brad Pitt “the most exciting star dynamic duo since Robert Redford and Paul Newman.” However, that film is still 16 months away. It’s an odd standard bearer for the flag of originality, much less the “big risks” touted by Sony marketing head Josh Greenstine.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/quentin-t...018-1201956378/

CITAZIONE
    Leonardo DiCaprio, Quentin Tarantino crank up hype for movie with Brad Pitt at CinemaCon

LAS VEGAS — Quentin Tarantino was not shy about promoting his next film while sharing the stage with Leonardo DiCaprio during a surprise visit at CinemaCon 2018 Monday night.

The acclaimed director talked for the first time about his next project, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, starring the big-time screen duo of Brad Pitt and DiCaprio, during the closing moments of the national convention of theater owners first night.

Not a frame of the movie has been shot, but the hype is already underway for the drama due out August 9, 2019.

"In 2019 at the end of the summer, August, as they are setting off the last explosion of the last franchise movie of the summer, Sony and myself will be coming to the theaters with the most exciting star dynamic-duo since Robert Redford and Paul Newman —Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood," said Tarantino.

The film marks the first project from Tarantino since controversy resulting from his close relationship with disgraced studio chief Harvey Weinstein and February accusations of mistreatment on the set of Kill Bill from star Uma Thurman.

The movie is still shrouded in mystery. Tarantino did not even mention past references to Once Upon a Time being a Sharon Tate project or dealing with cult leader Charles Manson, as mentioned in past reports.

In February, Sony Pictures announced the movie would center around two men who lived next door to Tate in the late 1960s.

Tate was killed by members of Manson's cult on Aug. 9, 1969, 30 years prior exactly to Once Upon a Time's release date.

Tarantino said the film will take place in Hollywood in 1969, "the height of the counterculture explosion, at the time of the hippie revolution and the height of New Hollywood."

He promised to literally transform areas of Los Angeles to the "psychedelic era of Hollywood 1969" in making the film.

DiCaprio expressed excitement about working with Pitt and with his Django Unchained director Tarantino.

"It's hard to speak about a film we haven’t shot a frame of, but I’m incredibly excited," said DiCaprio. "He’s going to transport us into a different era."

DiCaprio also promised that the work of the Oscar-winning screenwriter Tarantino was "the most amazing screenplay he's ever written, and that's saying a lot."

Tarantino ended the discussion by literally dropping the mic on the Sony presentation.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/nation-...2e-117ec1da39de

Praticamente non hanno detto niente di nuovo, solo che Leo e Brad sono una coppia formidabile e che non vedono l'ora di fare questo film...

CITAZIONE
    DiCaprio and Tarantino tease Once Upon a Time in Hollywood during Cinemacon

We finally get to learn a bit more about Quentin Tarantino's newest project, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which is at least partially influenced in its narrative by the Manson murders of pregnant Valley of the Dolls actress Sharon Tate and everyone in her husband, director Roman Polanski's residence at 10050 Cielo Drive in L.A. on that fateful August night in 1969.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is also Tarantino's first project since throwing off his association with fallen movie mogul Harvey Weinstein.

The director and one of Once Upon a Time's leads, Leonardo DiCaprio (starring, so far, with Brad Pitt, although Margot Robbie does have the offer to play the Sharon Tate part), made an appearance at Cinemacon in Las Vegas to tease a bit of the film to the audience of theater owners. He has not yet shot a single frame of the film, prefacing by explaining that "it's hard to talk about a movie you haven't made yet." Still, Tarantino calls the Pitt-DiCaprio pairing "the most exciting dynamic star duo since Paul Newman and Robert Redford."

"It's very hush hush and top secret. But I can tell you that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture, hippy revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969," Tarantino said.

Tarantino went on to talk about the last time he shot this era being 1997's Jackie Brown, although Once Upon a Time's atmosphere and story structure is much closer to Pulp Fiction, quite possibly the director's most well-known and well-respected flick.

DiCaprio for his part says the film is "one of the most amazing screenplays" that Tarantino has ever penned. The actor added, "I'm incredibly excited … to work with Brad Pitt, and I think he's going to transport us. I'm a huge fan of Singin' in the Rain — movies about Hollywood. As an L.A. native, having read the script, it's one of the most amazing screenplays. We are going to do our best job to make it fantastic."

For his part, Tarantino punctuated his remarks by saying, "I love movies, and I love movies in movie theaters." We do too, Quentin. We do too.

Catch Once Upon a Time in Hollywood in theaters August 9, 2019, the 50th anniversary of the Manson Murders at the Tate / Polanski residence. Stay tuned here for more on this as we hear it.

https://www.thefourohfive.com/film/article...od-in-vegas-152

15.     Like  

Group
    Staff

Status
    CITAZIONE
    Quentin Tarantino, Leonardo DiCaprio Tease Manson Movie With Brad Pitt

tarantino_dicaprio_cinemacon_-_h_-_2018

Quentin Tarantino and Leonardo DiCaprio, taking the stage together Monday at Caesars Palace's Colosseum in Las Vegas, teased exhibitors about their controversial new movie, set in the 1960s when the Manson murders rocked Hollywood.

Tarantino promised that the film is "probably the closest to Pulp Fiction that I have done," referring to his breakthrough 1994 film, as he and DiCaprio touted the movie, set for an August 2019 release, at the close of Sony Pictures' presentation of its upcoming movies.

The new film, titled Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, not only reunites DiCaprio with Tarantino, following their teaming in 2012's Django Unchained, but also includes Brad Pitt, who starred in the director's 2009 Inglourious Basterds.

"Sony and myself will be coming to the theaters with the most exciting star dynamic since Paul Newman and Robert Redford," Tarantino said of DiCaprio and Pitt. "It's very hush-hush and top secret. But I can tell you that Once Upon a Time in Hollywood takes place in 1969, at the height of the counterculture hippie revolution and the height of new Hollywood. Street by street, block by block, we'll transform Los Angeles into the Hollywood of 1969."

DiCaprio added: "It’s hard to speak about a film that we haven't done yet, but I’m incredibly excited…to work with Brad Pitt, and I think he’s going to transport us. I’m a huge fan of Singin' in the Rain — movies about Hollywood. As an L.A. native, having read the script, it’s one of the most amazing screenplays. We are going to do our best job to make it fantastic."

Sony Pictures motion picture group chairman Tom Rothman agreed, adding, “It's the best screenplay that I have had the privilege to read.”

Tarantino — also the owner of the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles — received applause from the theater owners as he finished his remarks by asserting: “I love movies, and I love movies in movie theaters.” He thanked the exhibitors for “keeping the show alive.”

SOURCE

Secondo me i giornalisti ci stanno restando male del fatto che non lo presentino come un film su Manson, quindi ce lo aggiungono loro ma ci vanno più leggeri rispetto a prima. Forse hanno capito che resteranno fregati se lo descrivono così e non lo è...

103 replies since 20/1/2018, 18:48   1263 views